Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense and ODBC With MongoDB

Hi Folks,

I am trying to connect to MongoDB using Simba's ODBC driver and everytime I try to "save" the new ODBC connection in QlikSense, I get the following error:

An error occurred

You do not have access to a script data source

I am using a 64 bit System DSN that works perfectly with Excel, por example.

Best regards,

DAniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Is the error message something that you're seeing from QlikSense or is it from the driver, do you know?

If you aren't sure, one way that you can check is to enable driver manager tracing as shown here:

How To Generate an ODBC Trace with ODBC Data Source Administrator

Turn on tracing, restart QlikSense and retry the operation which causes the problems. Then stop tracing and open the trace log file. Somewhere near the bottom of the log there should be an entry that returns SQL_ERROR if the driver is causing the problem, if there are no errors then it is likely related to QlikSense. If there are errors, copy them into the discussion to help the analysis.

Cheers,

Kyle

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Is the error message something that you're seeing from QlikSense or is it from the driver, do you know?

If you aren't sure, one way that you can check is to enable driver manager tracing as shown here:

How To Generate an ODBC Trace with ODBC Data Source Administrator

Turn on tracing, restart QlikSense and retry the operation which causes the problems. Then stop tracing and open the trace log file. Somewhere near the bottom of the log there should be an entry that returns SQL_ERROR if the driver is causing the problem, if there are no errors then it is likely related to QlikSense. If there are errors, copy them into the discussion to help the analysis.

Cheers,

Kyle

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kyle,

I forgot to install the SIMBA ODBC license file... it became clear in the generated ODBC trace file.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Glad to help

Cheers,

Kyle