Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Lisenses

Hey everybody,

I'm a bit confused with the lisenses needed to use QV, could some one help me to clarify the things?

This is what I'm thinking right now, tell me if I'm wrong:

- 1 license needed for each QV Entreprise installed

- 1 license needed for each QV Server installed, same for QV Publisher

- N Client Access Licencses needed depending of the number of end-users accessing the reports

- no licence for QV Analyzer

Regards

Kevin

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Kevin, You are correct for the most part, but QlikView Enterprise and QlikView Analyzer are not used with the current version of QlikView. These products are for version 8.5 and below. We have moved to a single Windows client called QlikView Desktop, and the level of access is controlled by at the user and document level.

There are also multiple types of client access licenses (CALs), depending on how many developers and consuming users you have, their frequency of accessing the documents, etc.

Instead of getting into your specific situation here, I'd be happy to put you in touch with one of our sales/services folks to better understand your needs. Please let me know if you'd like to do that, and I'll put you in touch with them.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer.

I'm based in France so the best for me would be to contact the french salesman. I don't know if you can put me in touch with them, if not, I'm gonna contact them by myself.