Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE8 "Error on page" message when trying to open Qlikview cubes

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie poster, this is my first post on the site. I work for a company that rely heavily on Qlikview cubes and I've came across an issue that has already taken up a considerable amount of time to which I've had no joy solving.

Issue: When a user tries to open a cube nothing loads and an error message appears in the bottom left corner of the browser stating "Error on page". Originally, I believed this to be an issue with the version of Java but I've installed older versions and the most up to date version all resulting in no joy.

If anyone could give me some advice as to how they tackled this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. The browser we are using in work is Internet Explorer 8.

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Are you running your document using qlikview server? How is your server setup to distribute the qvw?

Not applicable
Author

Yes we are using Qlikview Server. The cube is distributed from the build machine to the server using Publisher distribution task, but that doesn't matter with regard to accessing the cube (unless permissions are involved).

The documents are accessed from the server via AccessPoint and the QlikView Plugin using the QVP protocol.

Not applicable
Author

Andrew,

First off, welcome to QlikCommunity! This sounds like an issue that you should take up with our customer support team. I've logged a case on your behalf with our UK Support team, and they will be contacting you shortly.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jason,

Many thanks on the assistance. I'll speak to your support team when I hear from them 🙂

Andrew

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew,

we had a user with a similar problem and could only solve it by installing a new image. Could you please post if you have found a solution?

Thanks, Lukas