Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Installation Failed" - Roll bacl error

While installing Qlik Sense Desktop I get an "Installation Failed" error.  The transaction had to roll back, and it refers me to the log file.  Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

13 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Jon,

Can you attached the instalation log?  you can find it under "view setup log folder" . Can you also try, right click the exe> select "run as administrator" and try again to install.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
pbr
Employee
Employee

As Giuseppe states, if you could upload the Setup log that would be most helpful in troubleshooting this issue.

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

Might be related to the (on-going) issue I'm having? Installation problem (always rolls back)

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure how to upload the setup log.  Any tips?

Giuseppe_Novello

upload it here in community, on the right top corner of your reply box there's a "advance editor" click that and at the bottom next to "!app" , click upload file.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Which path do I follow to find the file to upload?

pbr
Employee
Employee

(Default -C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp).  Please note that AppData is a hidden folder.

There should be a SenseDesktop.log and DemoApps.log, please provide both. Though, if you click on the View Setup log folder it should send you to it.

Not applicable
Author

Capture.PNG