Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Installation Failed" - Roll bacl error

While installing Qlik Sense Desktop I get an "Installation Failed" error.  The transaction had to roll back, and it refers me to the log file.  Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

There are multiple files, which ones should I upload?

pbr
Employee
Employee

SenseDesktop.log, DemoApps.log, SenseDesktop_rollback, and the one without an ending. Please do this for the last attempt at installing the client.

Not applicable
Author

Attached are the 4 files.

pbr
Employee
Employee

MSI (s) (B4:28) [13:33:50:218]: Product: Qlik Sense DemoApps -- Error 1310. Error writing to file: \\\<Servername>\Homedrive$\<username>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Content\Default\Images\Add 2nd Dimension.png.  System error 0.  Verify that you have access to that directory.

Error 1310. Error writing to file: \\<Servername>\Homedrive$\<username>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Content\Default\Images\Add 2nd Dimension.png.  System error 0.  Verify that you have access to that directory.

Looks like you don't have access to the folder path, and if that Homedrive$ is a Roaming Profile you may be running into the same issue that Kourosh ran into here - Installation problem (always rolls back) Can you verify if you're using a Roaming Profile or not? This does seem to be the case though.