Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems to setup authentification thru Active Directory (LDAP)

Hello,

I am using QV 9 and try to setup the authentification thru LDAP.

I put the LDAP Address in the Active Directory Tab , but it does not seem to access LDPA for the authentification.

In the logs, I can see the initial connection to LDAP from DSC but whem I log into the server , It accept only local users.

Can someone has a good receipe on how to make it work.

Thanks a lot.

Philippe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

We found the solution to that problem.

We are now able to setup security access thru AD with a usage of groups and using an AD outside of our domain.

I can share that information to anybody interested in.

I don't know how to publish that . Is there a WIKI somewhere ?

Thanks

Philippe

View solution in original post

18 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Philippe,

For some reason, DSCs tend to work better when entered in Distinguished format. So, if your domain is, e.g., subdomain.mydomain.com, enter the following as your AD DSC: LDAP://DC=subdomain,DC=mydomain,DC=com

Regards,

MichaelRobertshaw
Former Employee
Former Employee

The Directory Service Connector performs basically only two functions:

1. Enable Publisher to lookup EmailAddress for Email Distribution Tasks
  2. Enable QvS to determine Group Membership when operating in DMS mode (for Document authorisation)

The DSC does not perform any Authentication function (unless using the Custom XML Directory).

Authentication is performed by the WebServer itself, or a Ticketing application in front of it, or using an HTTP Header that has been set by a Proxy or ISAPI filter somewhere between the end-user and the WebServer. Under normal circumstances, we expect the WebServer host to be a member of the same Domain as the End Users, or a trusted Domain.

Also, the AD Directory Service Provider has a hard-coded LDAP Schema, so you cannot customise the attributes to an alternate LDAP implementation. If you need to integrate with a non-AD LDAP then you need to solve your own authentication problem, then might need to look at a custom DSP for Document Authorisation.

Not applicable
Author

We found the solution to that problem.

We are now able to setup security access thru AD with a usage of groups and using an AD outside of our domain.

I can share that information to anybody interested in.

I don't know how to publish that . Is there a WIKI somewhere ?

Thanks

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

Wiki:

http://community.qlik.com/wikis/qlikview-wiki/default.aspx

Not applicable
Author

Hi Philippe,

I'm Architect and going to define access control method for Qlikview applications in our IS.

Could you send me please your information or tell me a link if you already published it.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I have published the solution we found on my home page

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

Hi Philippe,

we are currently implementing our very very first QlikView Server into the DMZ and somehow we do have the same issue.

If you don't mind, could you give me an explaination how you have solved that problem?

best regards

Michael

dpietersz
Creator
Creator

Hi Philippe,

I'm facing a similar situation very soon. Could you send me some information about your solution?

Kind regards

Not applicable
Author

If you go to my home page (on Qlikcommunity) you will find a word document with the explanations in it.

Philippe