Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inter record functions in chart to work on selection

I have a pivot chart, where I have used inter-record function "Above"  and "Before" to compare and get new values. But, I ran into a problem here. Whenever, I select a specific value on a chart, values in expressions derived using these inter-record functions are becoming nulls. I know its because they no longer have values before or above them. But, is there any way I can get these values to show upon selecting a specific value?

Scenario is (Just an example). My chart is little complicated and has totally different expressions than these.

Years as dimension horizon and Sum(Sales), Before(Sum(Sales)-Before(Sum(Profits))+Sum(Expenses)

3 Replies
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Can you post sample qvw

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You can do an if()  expression to 'check' if the above or below field is null and alter the formula accordingly.

If you need to show the values from the previous selection state  , you can try to use SET ANALYSIS . Use a  {$1} as a SET IDENTIFIER to grab the previous selection state

From the help:

sum( {$1} Sales )

returns sales for the previous selection.

So

if(  isnull(above(Sum(Sales)) = -1  ,  above( sum( {$1} Sales ) ) ,  sum(Sales) )

ps: i haven't tried it ! Just guessing at this point.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, this might work. I kind of drifted away from this requirement now and using this whole thing in script. I'd try it after completing the current one.

But, by the approach. I feel this might work. Thanks.