Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Management Console (reload not working)

I am new to the QlikView Management Console, but having a lot of problems when it comes to the reload of our files.  Real simple - we only have a few files:

Extraction

Transformation (On Event from another task : After Successful load of Extraction)

DashBoard: (On Event from Another task: After Successful Completion of Transformation)

I don't know why but the extraction file hasn't reloaded for 2 weeks even though it is set to: Daily, Every 1 Day, at 21:00.

The only that has changed is I have removed several dashboards and created only one master and then added some users to the master DashBoard.

Any appreciation is greatly appreciated!

Steve

19 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you send task logs and document logs

regards

ASHFAQ

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry - new to this - where do I get these? Are they automatically generated (does this need to be set within each file?). The "Generate Logfile" was unchecked.

Also there is a setting in documents properties on the server tab - called Refresh Mode when Document is Updated on Server. It is set to Client Initiates Refresh . If old data not kept in server or client too old, will be performed automatically. this has nothing to do with it right?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

task log

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService

document log

same folder as document

check generate logfile before

try to manual reload, then post logs

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Is this what you were looking for? If not let me know. It didn't run again last night so I am not sure sending the log would help - I ran the extraction file manually to generate this file. Frustrating!

Thanks, Steve

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Attached in response below.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This is document log.

Can you send task  log too located in below location.

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

Regards

ASHFAQ

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

When I went to the directory there were a bunch of files like. There were a bunch of directories with dates. Interesting that the most recent directory was "2014-09-12" which was the last date that the reload ran automatically...

Let me know if the attached helps. Thanks!!

Steve

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I have check both your logs files and I found that its successful.

We need to investigate in some other direction.

Can you tell me what made you think that task failed.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Colin-Albert

Can you manually start the task and then check the logfiles?