cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions on "new" search behavior

HI!

I must say I have my difficulties to understand the new QVSense numeric search behavior. See attached video.

I have a field with numeric IDs:

1) I do a search in ther filter panel for "<5" --> the current selection shows 1,2,3,4 --> behavior OK

2) I do a search for "<10" --> the current selection shows me 5,6,7,8,9 --> to me thats a strange behavior

Questions:

- Why does the "current selection box" shows selected items, instead of the search query. What happens if I do a snapshot. Will it save the search expression, or the selected values?

- I would expect the second .search to return 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. Why are the green values from Step1) excluded?

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael!

Thanks for your efforts

When you talk to the Support Team please ask them about my first question as well:

Are dynamic searches stored in Bookmarks?  Currently it seems like only the current "search result" is selected.

Attached a better example:

If I recall the search Expression "=id=day(today())"  tomorrow through a bookmark, I want QlikSense to select "25" instead of "24".

Qlik Sense Desktop_2014-09-24_17-01-01.png

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

You got it - our support team also, has access to this case - and the support ID is QLIK-18204 for your reference.

Happy to help.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik