cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Management Console (reload not working)

I am new to the QlikView Management Console, but having a lot of problems when it comes to the reload of our files.  Real simple - we only have a few files:

Extraction

Transformation (On Event from another task : After Successful load of Extraction)

DashBoard: (On Event from Another task: After Successful Completion of Transformation)

I don't know why but the extraction file hasn't reloaded for 2 weeks even though it is set to: Daily, Every 1 Day, at 21:00.

The only that has changed is I have removed several dashboards and created only one master and then added some users to the master DashBoard.

Any appreciation is greatly appreciated!

Steve

19 Replies
zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Maybe failed is the wrong word. The process is not kicking off at all. The file hasn't reloaded in 2 weeks despite being scheduled "daily" at 21:00.

Thanks so much for sticking with me on this.

Colin-Albert

If the tasks are scheduled to run "on event of another successful reload", if the first task fails, none of the subsequent tasks will run.

Do you have the "Generate Logfile" option ticked on each of the documents that is scheduled?

Are you able to restart the QlikView Distribution Service? This will cancel all reloads that are in progress but if none have run since the 12th, I would suggest a restart.

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Colin -

Yes files are schedule to run "on event of another successful reload". However the very first file in the heirachy is  just scheduled to run daily and then all other files follow. The problem is the first one hasn't even ran in 2 weeks. I just today clicked the generate logfile option.

This has been happening for the last 3 months. It will work for a while then it will quit working again. It seems to coincide with adding/delerting document cals to a file - but I don't know why that would affect anything.

I copy my extraction file from development and replace the extraction file in production - but they are the same name so I don't know why that would change anything either.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

I would suggest you to remove this task and re create new one and chek if that trigger

You can even check by Create a new task in any other application and tell me if that trigger automatically.

Is the issue with this file or you have issue wit all files?

regards

ASHFAQ

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks.

This is the only file we have set to daily update. the other 3 files are just updated on this file finishing.

Steve

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

On the same file create new task and check if that new task run successful

regards

ASHFAQ

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

So right now that file is set to:  Daily at 21:00. So change the time? Change it to hourly? This file isn't based on any other file so it can't be based on a another file's completion.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

You can have any trigger and  can run by right click run.

regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable

Hi,

Did guys find out any work around of this issue ..currently i am facing same issue  i am pretty new to system

some more issue like

1. Reload  taking  time from QMC-->Approx it is 10 mins to load & Manual load is taking less then 1 min  .

2.Opening Qmc is taking time .

3.I have Created scheduler Raw.qvw "once it is done start" model.qvw but before finish off Raw.qvw.Model will start

sorry for typo mistakes

Kalyan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can you tell 2 things ?

1. on qmc does your task showsStarted/Scheduled none or it show on success of some task ?

2. when did ur server/qv services last got restarted

I have faced this issue in typically multiple event  trigger and services restart was quick solution on this