Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Rendering issue with IE 9

Hi there, we have developed an application and published it into the Access Point.

Everything works just fine when accessing it through mobile devices (AJAX mode) and exploiting Safari or Chrome or desktop browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and even IE 11!). When, instead, using IE 9 the whole document is completely stuck and the browser often shows a "localhost is not responding" message. No problems are, instead, encountered with other applications, even more complicated than this, whiose only complicated bit are nested containers.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Well, I finally found what's wrong with IE 9. Speaking with Qlik supports, it turned out that IE 9 has some problems in rendering table-related objects such as containers, pivot-tables and so on...

In the document in question, I nest tables and containers inside containers and this seems to be simply too much for IE 9 to handle...

As a consequence, I had to develop a different version in which containers are simulated by means of buttons, variables and conditioning objects' visibility.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

which QV version you are working?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Can you tell me your Qlik Version ( With complete built number)

regards

ASHFAQ

Giuseppe_Novello

Alberto,

Yes! maybe there are object with expression way more complicated, but that would not be the case, it can actually be a bug with IE9 and whatever version you have of Qlikview, so please provide the version. I would also make a copy of the application, open the app, create a blank sheet and save it on that blank sheet and try to open again with IE9, and see if that opens, then go to each sheet until you get the same error, then eliminate each object of that sheet until you pinpoint the trouble object.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

QlikView 11.20 SR7 built 12451

googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

QlikView 11.20 SR7 built 12451

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

In this case its not supported for IE9.

try by upgrading it to IE 11.

Regards

ASHFAQ

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Ashfaq,

I'm sorry I don't know is there any issue while sharing Beta content???

Thanks,

AS

googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That's interesting, where did you find such a piece of information? I went through SR7 release notes and couldn't find anything...

In addition, in SR7 System Requirements, at page 2, IE 9 is listed among the supported browsers...

Thanks anyway.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

yes it SLA Breach.

Bill Britt Can share more thought on this.

regards

ASHFAQ