Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_venu
Creator
Creator

How to pass filter values across different data sets

Hi,

I have a Customer Sales data set and a Service request data set.

Both there were totally independent and were used in a dashboard in different sheets.

Now I have a requirement to pass a data field from the Customer Sales sheet to the Service Request sheet. When a user wants to see what was the activity in the Service request for the same date value in the Customer sales, the data should get automatically filtered.

I can create this by having a same column name in both data sheets. But this would be a join between 2 unrelated data sets. I would prefer just passing the value alone.

also apart from the date field, I also have one another common field which needs to be analysed in both the data sets. Serveice Level name.

Can you please let me know how to proceed on this.

Thanks,

Venu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Use getfieldselections ( FieldName [, ValueSep [, MaxValues]]), Check in help of Qlikview on how to use this.

This would get the selected string from that field and use sheet triggers to select the same in other field on launching.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can use Field event trigger to pass selection.

It would be better if you provide sample data.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable

Use getfieldselections ( FieldName [, ValueSep [, MaxValues]]), Check in help of Qlikview on how to use this.

This would get the selected string from that field and use sheet triggers to select the same in other field on launching.

qlik_venu
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks !!

qlik_venu
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks,

this would perfectly suit my requirement.