Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can QV Webserver listen on HTTP port 80 and HTTPS port 443

Hello

Running QV 11.2 web server, using AccessPoint in anonymous mode with typical HTTP access over port 80 for all our clients. I know in the QV management console you can tell QV Web server to use HTTPS for the default URL.

We now have a client who requires us to use SSL for their QV app.

Before I create an self-signed SSL cert for the QV Webserver, I have the simple question.

Can QV Websever v11.2 listen to both HTTP port 80 and HTTPS port 443 at the same time?

TIA

Stoney

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

No, QVWS can not listen on both ports. If you want to so that you will have to use IIS.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

check the doc attached

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

No, QVWS can not listen on both ports. If you want to so that you will have to use IIS.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bill B

Thanks for advising that, I was just about to do something naively thinking it would listen on both ports.

So would I be correct that the listener port needs to set via the QMC for the QV Web Server, General Tab ?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is correct.

Bill