cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Rendering issue with IE 9

Hi there, we have developed an application and published it into the Access Point.

Everything works just fine when accessing it through mobile devices (AJAX mode) and exploiting Safari or Chrome or desktop browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and even IE 11!). When, instead, using IE 9 the whole document is completely stuck and the browser often shows a "localhost is not responding" message. No problems are, instead, encountered with other applications, even more complicated than this, whiose only complicated bit are nested containers.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
15 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Understand.

Thanks,
AS

googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Giuseppe, the client is running version 11.20 SR7 (built 12451).

I actually already tried to rebuild, to some extent, the document and I noticed that, excluding tables from the page layout leads to some improvements: at least the combo-chart on top of the first tab of the main container is finally rendered, even though it takes way more time than how long it take to render the while page (chart + tables) in other browsers.

I actually also played with Browser Mode and Document Mode of IE Developer Tools and is seems like performance is much better in Quirks mode, but the layout is not rendered as it should (especially the QlikView tollbar). Don't know if it helps...

Thanks anyway

Giuseppe_Novello

Alberto,

I would assumen sharing a the sample QVW is not a option, so I would suggest to get to Qlik Support for further assistance, you can shared the QVW to them  ( since they have a privacy agreement with your company). Make sure to provide the following information:

•The relevant QlikView 16-digit license number

•The full QlikView version number (e.g., 9.0.7119)

•Technical details of the host server/machine, including:

- Do you use Qlikview Webserver or IIs?

- Is this a VMware Server?

•Windows operating system

•32bit or 64bit environment

•Number of CPUs and amount of RAM

- Sample QVW and steps to reproduce.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Already done.

Thanks for keeping your attention on my issue!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I have check the system requirements for SR7 and Internet Explorer 8,9,10 & 11 is supported.

I would contact support and have them look at the issue with you.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Well, I finally found what's wrong with IE 9. Speaking with Qlik supports, it turned out that IE 9 has some problems in rendering table-related objects such as containers, pivot-tables and so on...

In the document in question, I nest tables and containers inside containers and this seems to be simply too much for IE 9 to handle...

As a consequence, I had to develop a different version in which containers are simulated by means of buttons, variables and conditioning objects' visibility.

Hope it helps