cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uninstall QlikSense (Server) Failed

Hi All,

I try to uninstall QlikSense (Server) and reinstall it again but it is failed during uninstall process.

The following is the error message what I get. May I know why I can't complete to uninstall QlikSense (Server)?

P/s: I'm using Window 8 OS.

Error.PNG.png

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi.

I had a similar error when I needed to reinstall on Server 2012 R2. It failed for me because the uninstaller failed to stop some of the Qlik services. I opened services on the server and tried to manually stop them without success. I then went into properties on the ones I couldnt stop and set them to manual start instead of the default Automatic. I then restartet the server and none of the services startet automatically. I launched the uninstaller again and it sucessfully uninstalled Sense.

Regards.

V

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi JerryTan90,

Did you try uninstalling it as administrator? You can also try to uninstall Qlik Sense by double-clicking the Qlik_Sense_setup.exe file and then selecting Uninstall from the Maintenance dialog. In that case, you must use the correct version of the setup file when modifying your Qlik Sense installation, that is, the same version used when installing Qlik Sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. I try it but still can't to fully uninstall it. Any other way to uninstall it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kristofer,

I found the error from the log file is  Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute MSI package. Do you know what is this error?

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry

Not applicable
Author

This points to that you have problems with .NET Framework, did you try to repair it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kristofer,

Yes. I try to repair it and uninstall again but still can't work.

Please find the attached files for the log file after I'm failed to uninstall the QlikSense (Server).

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jerry,

What sort of operatingsystem are you running on?

I looked in the logs and found some error, Error 1724 and Error 1709.

I searched on the web and found some hits, so please search on the web and see if this helps.

There is a repairing tool from Microsoft, please look into that.

Not applicable
Author

Hi.

I had a similar error when I needed to reinstall on Server 2012 R2. It failed for me because the uninstaller failed to stop some of the Qlik services. I opened services on the server and tried to manually stop them without success. I then went into properties on the ones I couldnt stop and set them to manual start instead of the default Automatic. I then restartet the server and none of the services startet automatically. I launched the uninstaller again and it sucessfully uninstalled Sense.

Regards.

V

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vegard. I successfully uninstall QlikSense Server.

After I try to install back the QlikSense Server and it is install successfully. But when I try to go QlikSense Management Console page, I get the error which is HTTP error 404 from the browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox). All the service is up but don't know why I still can't go in to QMC page.

You may refer in HTTP Error 404 in QlikSense Management Console

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders,

I got the solution. Anyway thanks for response.