Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't get a document CAL to work with a Custom User

I am getting Access Denied messages and no USER CAL messages.

I've created a custom user and have assigned this user to a specific document Via document CAL assignment. I don't know why this would be looking for a user CAL.

Any thoughts on how to make this work?

Below are error messages and server setting screen shots

error loading image

error loading image

error loading image

error loading image

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Jonathan,

Are you trying to auto-authenticate? You can't do that when using a custom user. In QEMC --> System --> Web Servers --> Accesspoint tab, change your authentication method to "Login" and set login address to login.htm.

The "failed to reach server" problem is probably different. Are you connecting to the QVW via direct QVP url, or going through the Accesspoint?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

I don't think that I'm trying to auto-authenticate (can't say for sure)

I am using the DMS authorization and am loggin in via the login.htm.

I first tried the accesspoint and then attempting using a psuedo url via the qvp url string.

Both gave me similar "no user CAL" messages.

I don't know why it would be looking for a user cal since this is a stand alone server that only has document CALs.

By stand-alone I mean that I have a QVS plus the document CALs on this server

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, that error message most likely means that your username was not entered properly in the Authorization tab. Check the format. It looks like the user is seen as CUSTOM\username. Try defining it in this format and/or just username. Also make sure you clear your temporary internet file cache. Finally, if you haven't done so already, you need to assign you Doc CALs to that QVW.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

I double checked everything to ensure they were an exact match and I also went ahead and cleared the cache.

The strange this is that it allowed me to log in and view the specific document that this doc cal has access to.

So I can get to the log-in screen

actually log in and see the doc

but then credentials stop working at this point

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

That really is weird. I can see how this error might come up if you have both User and Doc CALs on the server, but with just Doc CALs it should not be happening. Have you tried from a different browser, like Firefox? You might need to disable auto-authentication in your IE security settings (could be passing your Windows username despite the QV login), so give that a shot.

Also try switching to the Ajax client, which uses anonymous authentication by default. You'll need to make sure you are allowing anonymous in QVS security settings. You'll also need to set anonymous authorization in User Documents. This is obviously just for testing purposes.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Jonathan,

Maybe, you already solve this problem. If not, check the document restrictons.

I've the same problem and discovered that a disconnected table caused the message. After review the model, worked well.