Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

HTTP Error 404 in QlikSense Management Console

Hi All,

After I try to install the QlikSense Server and it is install successfully. But when I try to go QlikSense Management Console page, I get the error which is HTTP error 404 from the browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) as attached. All the service is up but don't know why I still can't go in to QMC page. Anyone have face the similar issues?

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi again Jerry. I had the same problem, and this was the reason that I reinstalled in the first place. I needed to check that i had entered the correct information. For me it was the user I had set up to run the Qlik Sense services, it was not set at local administrator on the server and hence it did not run the services with the proper permissions. The services was running and looked "ok". But did not work until i put the user running them into the local administrator group. I restarted services/server after this and the management console started working

If this is not the case for you try looking at the requirements for the server and see If your environment is missing somethingQlik Sense 1.0 - System Requirements

Regards,

V

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vegard,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the set up of QlikSense user is under local administrator group and also the system requirements. It is looking fine. But just wondering why it still can't work. Is it still have other reason to cause it?

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry

Giuseppe_Novello

Jerry,

1- Make sure that the Qlik Sense Repository Database service is running under "Local System".

2- Have you restarted the machine? Have you restarted the services?

3- Try to recreate Digital certificates:

1. Stop Qlik Sense Repository Service (this will also stop the other services)
  2. Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC). Important: Run this as the account configured to run the services (Run as... )
  3. Add snap-in for Certificates: My user account and Local Computer account
  4. In Certificates - Current User > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates, delete the certificate created by QlikSense, issued by your computer, computer.domain-CA
  5. In Certificates > Current User > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate named QlikClient
  6. In Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate issued by computer.domain-CA.
  7. Start Qlik Sense Repository Service and verify it created the new certificates
  8. Start the rest of the services

4- Make sure that Firewall are off.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gio,

Thanks for your reply. I have try the steps you given but it still can't work.

Possible it allow to install the QlikView Server and QlikSense Server into same machine??

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry

Not applicable
Author

Qlik Sense Server and QlikView Server can't be installed on the same machine. When running the Qlik Sense Installation it will prompt an error and will not install. 

I would sugest to raise a Case with Support so we can have a closer look into this issue.

Let us know how you do. Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.
Regards
Daniel Zanders
QlikSupport
gandelr
Partner - Contributor III

Hy, I have same problem.

My configuration is Virtual Machine with Windows 2008 R2 (clean no QlikView Server installer)

I installed Sense correctly but when start Management Console I this message

Errore HTTP 404.0 - Not Found

the strange thing is that in the physical path there is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\qmc\

but in that path no have any directory.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Matteo,

Seems like you're running IIS on the same machine. Try and turn if off using IISRESET /stop in a CMD prompt.

Sense and IIS typically occupies the same ports (443 and/or 80)

gandelr

Thank's that was the problem but now I have this message

Error 500 - Internal server error

Not applicable
Author

Hello, I have the same problem. When I stopped IIS, I got another error.
It's been 2 years since this conversations, I suppose you've found a solution. May you help me please if it's the case?

Thanks