Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

DSC service is down

Hi everyone,

I am facing a big problem : The DSC service is down (I'm not sure if this means Directory Service Connector or Distribution Service).

In QMC, I cannot schedule or reload any task anymore.

I tried to restart all the QV services but still have the problem...

qv.png

I have check the log in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log   and in the Root_20140926.txt, the end is "DSC Service is online."

Any ideas ?

Thank you for you help

ps: I don't have Publisher

14 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I see some of your services pointing to different servers.

Can you make them to point to the required server.

regards

ASHFAQ

Giuseppe_Novello

If the Windows service is running, the problem it is within QMC not able to contact with DSC. Grab the DSC URL ( listed above image) and pasted on a browser address bar, you should see xml source code, if you received page not found, that could mean that port the port (4730) is blocked, if you are able to see the code look at the "login" tab, make sure that no "username" and "password" is listed there, you should not ass any credentials there unless the QDS service account is under a different service account than the QMC is running under.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Good suggestion by Giuseppe.

In addition to that, check the accounts under which the different services are started. Status "Disconnected" usually means that the QMS cannot contact the DSC service. Most often caused by one of the services running under a different account.

On the QlikView server, start services.msc and in the overview navigate to the QlikView services. Check the values in the last column.

BTW your QlikView Web Server seems to have the same problem... No AccessPoint either, correct?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have learnt a lot.

Finally, restarting the server and then the services worked.

monaali602
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi

how did it work at last?