Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Templates in QlikView - hot or not?

Hi,

I have a general question:

I have been asked by our management to think over the general design and layout of our Team-Apps in order to make it all simpler (still ... ) and clearer - about as interesting as a tax bill, but ok. There might be something in it ...

Anyway - I know about the possibility to create templates for specific types of objects in QlikView - in general. I don't know details about it, I never worked with it because our external consultant told me they were not quite reliable and thus not very advisable to use. That, however, was a while ago, so it might be better now.

Can you tell me about your experiences with templates? They would undoubtedly make the re-design of all our existing apps a lot easier.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

... another point that just comes to my mind, equally important:

=> If and when I define templates for, say, > listboxes/ buttons < - is there any way I can create a button that looks different from the template?

I have made some few experiences with templates which lead me to believe that it's a one_way_street and once you define any templates, there is no way to circumvent them ...