Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User credentials

Dear,

I am facing a problem and I have no idea where to look to solve this.

Environment:

Windows 2012 64 Bits server

QV 11.20 SR8 64Bits

IIS8 Webserver

Everytime when I try to connect to the access point or the qmc it keeps asking for my credentials. How do I disable any form of authentication?

Regards,

Jeffrey

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Jeffrey,

You have to add the server to your trusted sites in IE. You can't disable authentication and have access to QMC.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Apart from what bill Suggested.

Try by selecting Automatic login, have a look at attached image.

regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would not use that setting. This will pass your Domain ID and password to any site that ask for user ID and password. Use the setting about that.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your quick reply!

I have the same problem with Firefox from a local machine when I try to access the access point. And the account which I am using is part of the QV Admins. In this case it shouldn't ask for my credentials when I login with this account on the server and try to access the QMC or access point.

Maybe I asked the wrong question. Everytime when I go to the access point or QMC it asks for my credentials.The user I use is part of the QV Administrator group and as described before I use IIS 8. I think the problem lays in IIS8. The thing is that my knowledge of IIS is not the great.

Hope this makes is more clearer

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Jeffery,

The same will go for FireFox. You need to have the server that you want to automatically login to setup either in Trusted Sites or Intranet Sites.

This has nothing to do with Qlik. This might help you.

How to use security zones in Internet Explorer

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Bill,

I allready added the sites to the trusted sites but there was nog difference. Maybe it has something to do with authentication within IIS? What is the basic configuration of IIS to make it work for QlikView?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView and QvAjaxZfc  should be set to Windows Authentication.

However, IIS doesn't have anything to do with QMC.

Bill