Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Server is installed and running, but I can't connect

I installed it using the Quick Install, saw the confirmation dialog that the installation was completed successfully, but I can't connect, using any browser. I was not asked for any license info. In looking at other posts to understand how to correct the problem, it was mentioned that I should run QMC and add the license info, but QMC isn't any more successful in running. The same generic "can't connect" browser msgs.

My xxxx_System_Proxy.txt file had this, if it's of any help:

(String restCommand, RESTMethod method, Object jsonObject, IDictionary`2 additionalHeaders)↵↓   at Proxy.Communication.Rest.QrsRestClient.GetLocalProxyService()↵↓   at Proxy.Settings.SettingsHandler.RetrieveSettings()
NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMCould not contact local repository to retrieve proxy settingsThe remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.   at Proxy.Communication.Rest.ProxyRestClient.CallSync

Thanks in advance,

Ed B.

25 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, in wich SO are running the server?

Not applicable
Author

Windows 7 Professional

Not applicable
Author

We've done so. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

the firewall is on? in this case turn off the firewall and try again!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Ed - shot in the dark - do you have Skype or any other product running that might be using port 80 or 443?

skype.png

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

No. Skype isn't installed on this machine, and Netstat doesn't show any conflicts with 80 or 443.

I am, however, getting a Postgres error. This only started showing after rebooting. Each reboot successfully starts the Qlik services (which didn't happen at first), but also causes this error:

Postgres error.png

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Have you tried removing older certificates? - Have you had an older or previous version of QlikView.Next / Qlik Sense installed at one time?

If so:

1. Stop Qlik Sense Repository Service (this will also stop the other services)
  2. Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC). Important: Run this as the account configured to run the services (Run as... )
    Start -> Run - MMC or Windows Icon - Search - > mmc
  3. Add snap-in for Certificates: My user account and Local Computer account
    File->Add / remove Snap In
    Certificates
  4. In Certificates - Current User > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates, delete the certificate created by QlikSense or QlikView Next, issued by your computer, computer.domain-CA
  5. In Certificates > Current User > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate named QlikClient - it may be Proxy or something
  6. In Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate issued by computer.domain-CA.
  7. Start Qlik Sense Repository Service and verify it created the new certificates
  8. Start the rest of the services

Untitled.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

No certificates found. I only have Qlik Sense Desktop and a Qlikview11 trial, both installed within the past 2 or 3 weeks.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK let's go to the log files:

If you can grab the .logs and .zip them up and attach to the reply - i'll take a look.

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

I just tried attaching and replying, but it hung. So, I've uploaded them in one zip here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By60hNzjXqvwdWFWNmU4dDNSWHM/edit?usp=sharing

FYI - I'm also now working with Presales on this, in case you don't want to duplicate efforts.