Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Document Administrators in NTFS Authorization

Hello.. I am trying to set document administration access (to create tasks and distribute) to my developers.. I have a clustered QlikView Servers (Version 11) and QlikView publisher running on a different machine. After some research i found that this can be done with "Document Administrators" group..

I have created a windows group called "QlikView Document Administrators" on the QlikView server and did the following..

- Mapped Local Directory to the Local server (to be able to search and add groups from my windows server)

- In system->Setup->QlikView->Folder access, i added QlikView Document Administrators windows group in "Document Administrators" section..

- In system->distribution services->publisher->General , for the source document path added the QlikView Document Administrators windows group in "Document Administrators" section. I added my user name to the group..

With the above configuration, when going to QMC, i can see the page but when clicking on Source documents or User document links, the page is empty (attached some screenshots)..

Please Note that when i added my user name directly in QMC Manage Users window (capture 1), everything works as expected.. I do want to manually add user names directly in QMC in document administrators sections in server and publisher page, Instead i just want to maintain one windows group..

Would you know what am i missing here and why is this not working?..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Document administrators needs to be added as users, groups is not supported.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This is known thing.

Cals cannot be assigned to group.

You need to add individual users.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Document administrators needs to be added as users, groups is not supported.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you ASHFAQ & ako...