Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't Assign Document CALs to Users

Hello,

I'm encountering an issue that is preventing me from assigning Document CALs. We recently created a second .QVW app (located in the same folder as our first .QVW app).

Our first app has 142 of our 150 Document CALs assigned to it as seen below. Oddly it reports Document CALs assigned to users as 107 despite it reporting there are 140 items lower in the page.

cals_ss1.png

Our second app has 8 of our 150 Document CALs assigned to it as seen below

cals_ss2.png

Whenever I attempt to assign a Document CAL in the second app, the "Document CALs assigned to users" will change from 0 to 1. When I hit apply to save the changes, the number goes back from 1 to 0.

The same thing happens with our first app as well -- the Document CALs assigned to users will change from 107 to 108. Upon hitting apply, it goes back from 108 to 107.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but there is a lot of overlap between our licenses -- meaning that the some users have licenses to both apps.

Any thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Him

I think you lost few cals.

Did you some how delete an application or rename something like this?

Not sure but check if this can help.

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Colin-Albert

There are no unallocated CALs available, you have allocated 142 to the document but only 107 are in use. Reduce the Allocated Cals from 142 to a smaller number, Click Save, then allocate more cals to the other document.

Remember to click save after each action

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply, Colin. I'm able to move CALs between documents no problem.

I currently have 8 CALs assigned to the second document. I'm running into a problem when I click Manage Users and attempt to add the first user. It appears to work and the Document CALs assigned to users goes to 1. Upon hitting apply the number then goes back to 0.

Colin-Albert

There are no free cals to allocate.

The issue is that the available server cals figure is zero - See the "Document Cals Not Allocated on this Server" value.

Reduce the 142 allocated on the other document first and click save. This will change the Available Server Cals from zero to a value. then your can add these unallocated cals to the second document.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Him

I think you lost few cals.

Did you some how delete an application or rename something like this?

Not sure but check if this can help.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I think either I'm missing something or we're not quite on the same page here.

I moved the licenses around so now it says Document CALs not allocated on server: 5. I've attempted to assign myself a CAL and it still reads as Document CALs assigned to users: 0 after clicking apply.

cals3.png

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

did you check my reply?

Regards

ASHFAQ

Colin-Albert

The Cals will be assigned to the user when they access the document via the Access Point.

Have you tried to open the document via the Access Point?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Looks like I missed it! Thanks for the reply, I'll walk through the listed steps to see if that gets me any licenses back.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Make sure to take proper backup first.

Regards

ASHFAQ