Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV V9 SR3 “qlikview distribution service” don’t want to start Error 1067

Hi,

QV is making me crazy!!! so I need your help 🙂

On our server we have this problem:

The service "qlikview distribution service" don't want to start. Do you know what could be the issue? I don't find.

I saw a post about this problem but the solutions didn't work on my case.

I've put a log file attached.

Thanks for your help.

JG.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Finaly I didn't find the solution. The QV support said that it's the uninstall of SR1 and the install of SR3 who have put mistakes on my server. So I have reinstall again the SR3 after having delete all the registry entries and all directory of the old installation.

It's a pity that we didn't find the reason of my problem, but today my server is working 🙂

Thanks for your help.
JG.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
lhr
Employee
Employee

badformat error when trying to start the qlikview engine. you could try and re-register it. look for qvb.exe somewhere under the qlikview distribution service installation folder and run it. a dialog saying something like "registration successful" should be displayed.

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

You're upgrading form previous versions?

Have you restarted your server?

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I've had trouble starting QlikView services because there is a problem with the AD user that is supposed to start the service. Try changing the user or try starting the service with the local system account.

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,
Thanks again for your help!

@Corrado:
I didn't make an upgrade, but I have uninstall the QV 9 SR1 and after I have install a QV 9 SR3.
And Yes I have restarded the windows server.

@Karl Pover:
The user I use is a local user and before the re-installation the service worked well with the same user 😐

@lhr:
I've re-register it successfully but the service still doesn't start :'(
Here is a another log message:

Error Failed to create QlikView Engine.. Exception=System.BadImageFormatException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {28CB32FB-415E-11D1-934D-0040333C91CC} failed due to the following error: 800700c1.
at QVBWrapper.Document.CreateQVBProcess(ILogBucket i_LogBucket)

Is this talking to you?
JG.

Not applicable
Author

oupsConfused

Not applicable
Author

Uninstall QVS, delete the user you're using and recreate it, install again QVS, Regards.

Not applicable
Author

When uninstalled SR1 did you remove the files under

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech ?

Have you tried stopping the distribution service.

Remove the catalog C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service

Then restarting the service again?

Not applicable
Author

Corrado wrote:
Uninstall QVS, delete the user you're using and recreate it, install again QVS, Regards. <div></div>

I don't think that it's a solution of my problem! Also the others services of QV have started well with the same user.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Finaly I didn't find the solution. The QV support said that it's the uninstall of SR1 and the install of SR3 who have put mistakes on my server. So I have reinstall again the SR3 after having delete all the registry entries and all directory of the old installation.

It's a pity that we didn't find the reason of my problem, but today my server is working 🙂

Thanks for your help.
JG.