Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Sharing

So, let's say I build a dashboard on my machine using QLik Sense Desktop...How do i go about allowing others users to view this tool?

-DC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi David,

Just locate the QVF file and send it to the people you want to share with.

C:\Users\<youruser>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps\

They will need to copy in the same folder you created it.

Miguel

P.S.: From the FAQ:

Can I share apps created in Qlik Sense Desktop?

Yes. There are no limitations in sharing applications between different installations/instances of Qlik Sense Desktop.

Note: QVF files need to be located in a specific folder - C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps

The folder cannot be a shared drive folder or a shared folder. Once a qvf is open, it is modified so other instances of the Desktop cannot open it or copy it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi David,

Just locate the QVF file and send it to the people you want to share with.

C:\Users\<youruser>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps\

They will need to copy in the same folder you created it.

Miguel

P.S.: From the FAQ:

Can I share apps created in Qlik Sense Desktop?

Yes. There are no limitations in sharing applications between different installations/instances of Qlik Sense Desktop.

Note: QVF files need to be located in a specific folder - C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps

The folder cannot be a shared drive folder or a shared folder. Once a qvf is open, it is modified so other instances of the Desktop cannot open it or copy it.

Not applicable
Author

What about the associated data for the app? Will the user be able to refresh their data if say the data is on a shared drive folder?

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Brian,

That should be possible as long as the user has permissions to read data from the shared folder. Just remember to create the Data Connection using a UNC path and not a mapped network drive (as the drive may not be mapped by the other user)

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi David - and others that might stumble across this thread - there is also two videos on this topic:

Sharing via Desktop and Sharing via the Qlik Cloud Sharing service.

Qlik Sense Desktop - Sharing Apps (video)

Welcome to Sense Sharing on Qlik Cloud Beta

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

What about QlikView ?

Can I save the qvf projects to qvw format so my colleague can open it on his laptop ?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Krzysztof, no you cannot.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik