Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show script after distribution dashboard via publisher

We are distribute a document with below settings on server level and section access on document level via publisher to the Qlikview Enterprise Server.

Only developers may download this document, but when I have download it I can't edit the script of section access for example anymore. The script is hidden. How do I make it possible that I may edit the script again?      

Source document task, tab reload: 

Reload.png                                                   

Source document task, Tab Distribute:

Distribute.png

Settings in the document properties of the document, tab opening:

Opening document properties.png

Settings in the document properties of tab Security before reload and distribution:

Security.png

The section access in script of the document:

Star is *;

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,      USERID,                PASSWORD,           NTNAME,      AREA, DISTRICT

ADMIN,           DMIN,                       ADMIN,                          *,               *,             *
    USER,            JAN,                          JAN,                               *,               *,             *

USER,            PIET,                         PIET,                              *,               *,            C

USER,            KEES,                        KEES,                            *,               B,            *

Section

Application;

AreaAccess:

LOAD * INLINE [

SalesArea,    AREA
48I-C-BB,      A
48I-C-CC,      B

*,                    Z

DistrictAccess:

LOAD * INLINE [

SalesDistrict, DISTRICT
48I-C,              48C

*,                      Z

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is by designed. The script is removed when the document is distributed. No, there is not a setting to change that.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
jstemig1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cam de Wit: have you found any solution to this problem?  I would also like to preserve the script after distribution, but have not found the answer.  Thanks.

Colin-Albert

As Bill says - this is a function of distribution not a fault.

Not applicable
Author

I was looking for an answer on the same question.

We are still on QV 9. In prior versions this was possible. For applications for which we did the setup before upgrade to QV 9 it is still working (script is available in the distributed application). Can not find it back via QMC or QEMC (suppose the setting is removed).

Found back that this is saved in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech/Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\DocumentTask.xml.

Edit the xml file and change SetScript="BinaryLoad" into SetScript="LeaveAsIs'.

Don't know if it is still the same in later versions.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In 11.20 the same file still exists, but it is located in the following directory: ManagementService\QVPR

If you edit the file C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\DocumentTask.xml, you'll find the SetScript setting at around line 25. The default setting is "Clear". Dunno if changing this to "LeaveAsIs" still works...

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Note that the SetScript setting is also present in DitributionService\WorkOrder.xml. and in Distributionservice\1\WorkOrder.xml. However, those are per-task working copies that take their cue from the one in QVPR\DocumentTask.xml.

Peter

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Peter,

This doesn't work and is by design.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.