Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Upgrade to QlikView 11.2 SR8

Hi everyone

We are planning to upgrade our current platform (Build: 11.00.11282.0409.10) to QlikView build 11.2.12577, Service Release 8. Is there any known risk or error by doing this, or any special issue we should pay attention to?

When we upgrade the QlikView server, is it also necessary to upgrade all Desktop installed or we may ignore this?

Br

16 Replies
AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Ashfaq

after upgrade should I overwrite the whole new QlikTech folder with the old (current) one, or it is only some specified files (like LEF file) that must be replaced?

What should I use the QlikTech backup folder for?

Br

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

You need backup in case you need to revert back.

Other then this everything works fine.

No need to replace anything in a successful upgrade

Regards

ASHFAQ

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you very much. Yes, that's correct. I've now performed the upgrade and everything is working fine.

Regards

Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same problem with tables that contain dynamic dimensions and expressions. It started to happen since we installed SR8 version. We also use AJAX client (on Chrome)

When we clear all dimensions, the object freezes and makes everything slowing down. The thing is that there is a calculation condition and the object shouldn't be calculated because nothing is selected (i use the GetSelectedCount function).

When the bug happens, the only thing to do is to change the page and then come back.

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?

Thanks.

kshitiz7
Contributor
Contributor

we have a customer who is using SR1 if we will update the version to SR11.What can be the possible impact on there system?(System configuration is tolerant to any new version)

Any suggestion????

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

As long as you have valid maintenance contract with Qlik.

You can go for upgrade.

Regards

ASHFAQ

satheshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Mohamad,

How we can take back up , we need to copy of QVS in C:/?

Regards

Sathish