Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Removal of shared object

I’d like to understand how Qlikview knows when a shared object has been removed from a sheet. Is there some tagging done in the file?

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

This kind of data will be stored in a shared-file which is in the same folder like the qvw:

xyz.qvw

xyz.shared

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hey Rob,

I looked into this and I don't see any tags that identify that the shared-file has been removed from the dashboard.

Thanks,

Sam

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Shared objects are as Marcus mentioned, stored in the documents shared file. You can see the shared objects contained in the shared file in the QMC (Qlikview Mangement Console) that is a QlikView Server component. From there you can also remove shared objects. There is also a Power Tool called "Server Object Handler" and another one called "Shared File Viewer" that will allow you to view and edit shared objects. Each qvw file will most likely have a shared file containing all of the shared objects ownership ect.When the object is removed with either the QMC or a Power Tool then that actual object or object information will be removed from the shared file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Please close this if you feel that your question has been answered.

Regards

Nils