Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Create button disabled in Qlik Sense Workbench

Hi,

For some reason, my Create button is disabled in Workbench.

DisabledCreate.png

I can open and edit existing extensions, but I can't create any new one.

I have got Qlik Sense Server installed on the same laptop, but I don't see how that would be a consideration as they are not on the same port.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Stephen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

You need to have templates on your machine to be able to create new extensions. The installation should copy them to the right location, they are basically extesion with a different type (visualization-template).

So verify that you have templates under My Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

You need to have templates on your machine to be able to create new extensions. The installation should copy them to the right location, they are basically extesion with a different type (visualization-template).

So verify that you have templates under My Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions

Anonymous
Not applicable

While I can't help you specifically, I also have the server installed on the same laptop, but this has not caused any issues with the "Create New" button, so it's safe to say that's (probably!) not causing it.

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Now that makes some sense because I had cleared out my (very busy!) extensions folder to do a demo and hadn't noticed the Templates folder in there.

Would be useful to have a hover-over to indicate that templates were expected.

All working now.  Thanks.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable

Hi, I'm having the same problem, however i did not erase any file after the installation.

On the My Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions there are no files, but in the ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Extensions there is a lot, including a templates subfolder.

For me, it makes no sense this templates existing on a user document folder. It is more likely to be on the ProgramData folder. But... i may be wrong!

I'm using 2.0.6 version. What am i doing wrong? Help!

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Is this a desktop installation? In that case try copying the files to My Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions.

The templates are under My Documents since it's perfectly OK to modify them or add your own.

Hope this helps

Erik

Not applicable

No, it is a Server installation. That's the problem!

The temples are in ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Extensions folder...

In a Desktop version, no problems occur!

Any ideas?