Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Incorrect sum of amounts

Good day,

Within my report I have a chart with individual amounts. BUT if I want to sum these amounts, tot total is incorrect.

For instance: I have two times the number 2.08 , but Qlikview only counts one time 2.08 instead of 2.08 + 2.08.

I have for about 900 amounts to get a sum of and I have a difference of 300.000 in the total amount because of this issue.

Is there a solution to calculate each separate number in a sum?

Hope to hear...

Regards,

KJ

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

You are right.

But when you export a list box or a table box to excel, it always exports unique values, exactly as we see them in the actual object.

Agis

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What is your sum mode?  By default it is expression total (and the result is correct).  Maybe you need sum of rows instead.

Not applicable
Author

Could you provide a QVW example ?

Not applicable
Author

sure

Tab 'Verplichting'

In my example I used 'Kostenplaats': 1141

And I meant the numbers in 'Aangevraagd' and 'Gefactureerd'

'Aangevraagd': SQL shows 142952.02 and QV 130764.15 (before last reload)

'Gefactureerd' SQL shows 953274.34 and QV 624552.01 (before last reload)

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

KJ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How did you come up with your QV numbers?  I tried text boxes with the sum of these fields, and the results are close to the numbers in SQL.

Not applicable
Author

If I´m seeing it right, I think that you are looking at the values displayed under Listboxes. Listbox do not show duplicated values (use show frequency option under general tab) I think that´s why you do not see all the expected amounts.

Attached example.

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

I am a bit confused to be honest...

If I try to sum up all the Aangevraagd values, I am getting 145487.28. Is this correct? does not match with any of the above values.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I got the same.  Probably of the because the data in SQL is changing often, and it is frozen in QV.

Not applicable
Author

Well, at least in the provided QVW, the sum of all Aangevraagd values is 145487.28 using 'Kostenplaats': 1141

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I will check again If I looked a different way and let you know..

Regards,

KJ