Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diwakarnahata
Creator
Creator

Pivot table like functionality in Combo Chart

Hi,

I have a scenario (Please have a look at the image attached) where I have Product Category and Product Sub-Category as my dimension hierarchy and sum(Sales_Amount) as my metric. Now I want to see in a combo chart all the Product Categories stacked (across time in x-axis), but when a Product Sub-Category is selected from the list box, the corresponding Product Category in the Combo Chart Bar graph breaks down to show all its Sub-Categories, while all other Product Categories are as it is.

For e.g. In the attached image if 'Road Bikes' is selected from the Product Sub-Categories List Box, then in the Bar Graph, the Product Category view for 'Bikes' will split into its sub-categories (Mountain Bikes, Road Bikes, Touring Bikes) while all other Product Categories will remain as it is leaving the total share as 100%.

Let me know if this can be achieved in QlikView?

Thanks,

Diwakar

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you tried using a drill-down group as dimension for your bar chart?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
diwakarnahata
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert,

The drill group won't help as I want to see both Product Categories as well as the Product Subcategories (as per the logic mentioned previously) on the same Bar simultaneously stacked.

So, for e.g. if there are 10 Product Categories and each Product Category has 5 Product Sub Categories, then if a Product Sub Category is selected from the List box, the Combo chart should show 9 Product Categories and 5 Product subcategories for the remaining 10th Product Category across time.

Let me know how this can be achieved in QlikView.

Thanks,

Diwakar

diwakarnahata
Creator
Creator
Author

Are there any possible workarounds for this scenario?

Thanks,

Diwakar

Not applicable

Hi Diwakar,

you could have two graphs,

1. have the current stacked graph

2. On selection of a particular product category, enable the 2nd graph which shows only the subcategories of the selected Product category.

In the forst graph you can exclude the selections using setanalysis to see only the stacks of un selected product categories.

Hope this will provide a workaround for you.

Thanks,

Shruthi Reddy