Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Which features would you like to see in a future Qlik SAP Connector version?

Hi all!

Pick your favorite Qlikview SAP Connector, e.g. the SQL Connector or the Extractor Connector or any of the other ones. Is there any feature you would like to add that you think would be cool to have?

(Be creative )

Regards,

Tomas

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tomas

Loved the idea   Here are my wishes :

1. OLAP - Reflect error/warning messages from SAP in the connector log (i.e authorization problems etc...)

2. SQL - Add the possibility to insert/update records in a table (like Table Maintenance - SM30 )

3. Call the BAPI connector using an Action or Macro  (call SAP functions from an open document)

Here are some things that are doable today, but require effort. It would be nice if the connector did it as a standard:

1. Integrate Section Access with SAP authorizations (create a standard extraction for authorization data)

2. Create synchronized triggers between SAP and Publisher (i.e. - Pass triggers from SAP to Publisher and vice versa)

3. OLAP - improve Slicing performance (make multiple query calls according to changing variable values)

4. Create SAP connector log analyzer application

There are many more cool things to ask for ...

Thanks

Yaniv

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee
Author

Impressive ideas, thanks for sharing!

Tomas

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

My 800-pound gorilla:

SQL Connector: Provide support for Incremental Loads of SAP tables (e.g. KONP/KONV). Possibly by way of another tool like ScriptBuilder.

Peter

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing your idea!

Do you mean having the Incremental Load support built-in to the Qv SQL Connector? The Qv SAP Extractor Connector has the Delta Loads but relies on SAP to keep track of changes. Is that Connector useful for you?

Cheers

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No I was thinking more about an "assistant" that advises on how to best approach incremental loads for common and uncommon SAP tables. It should act as a time-saver (just like ScriptBuilder) for people initially extracting data from large transaction tables ("use this date field in the master in this way to detect changes/additions" + example script) and for others that after years of fighting tables in a dark corner of SAP try to extract a big one in an efficient way although the table won't cooperate ("Is it possible at all? Can we use CDHDR/CDPOS? If not, is there any other trick to get the changes? Do we need to switch Connectors? Do we need to add a Delta-monitor to SAP itself, like BW does?")

Knowledge pooling, actually.

Peter