Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is design menu available in qliksense

Is design menu available in qliksense, how do we do formatting like changing column header color, highlighting borders etc, please suggest on this

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

The look and feel will never be exactly the same for Qlik Sense and QlikView, but there will of course be enhancements in the way Qlik Sense allows formatting appearance going forward. Unfortunately there is no public roadmap were you can take part in coming improvements, so you will simply have to wait until coming releases are public and read release notes for more details on improvements.

Please remember to mark replies as helpful or correct, so that community members know that your question has been completely or partly answered.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

All property settings are found to the right of the screen in the properties pane. Column heading colour and boarder highlighting would need to be done using expression.

Regards,

Pedro

Not applicable
Author

you mean to say we need to write codes for border highlighting with in the expression, could you please share me an example for this...

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

The layout and style will not follow the principles that you have seen in QlikView. In Qlik Sense the look and feel depends on the object, and it's settings and customization options. There is also a more limited area to use for objects, as well as only one layer. When migrating QlikView applications to Qlik Sense you will many times have to rethink the graphical layout and the way you present data and details to the end user.

My suggestions would be to use the native layout in Qlik Sense, and evaluate how to best use it for your visualization needs. Starting with trying to build a QlikView look and feel will not be the best practice approach.

Not applicable
Author

Please ignore my previous reply, I didn't know what I was talking about. It's just like Toni says above.

Not applicable
Author

thanks toni, yes as you said there are few limitations in terms of formatting as of now, we can't exactly replicate qlikview dashboard to qliksense..

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

The look and feel will never be exactly the same for Qlik Sense and QlikView, but there will of course be enhancements in the way Qlik Sense allows formatting appearance going forward. Unfortunately there is no public roadmap were you can take part in coming improvements, so you will simply have to wait until coming releases are public and read release notes for more details on improvements.

Please remember to mark replies as helpful or correct, so that community members know that your question has been completely or partly answered.