Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Path Variables update is not working

Capture1.PNG.png

I am defining Paths as above to find paths directly; it is working fine at client ; Even when I move on to server, these variables are pointing my computer documents instead of documents present in server, hence failing to execute;

I feel  Path is getting embedded in document, how can I get rid of this and why is this causing?

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Reload the document on the server. Otherwise the variables will keep the values from when the document was last reloaded on your computer.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I tried to reload using QMC,even then It is failed due to paths are pointing to my directory at server too!!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The variables should be defined before you use them (obviously). Otherwise the 'old' client-side values will be used. Also check that you don't hard-code values into variables somewhere or redefine them later in the script. The DocumentPath() function works fine regardless of where the document is reloaded. So vFolderRoot should reflect that and get a different value if you reload the document using the QMC. Perhaps you can find out what's going on by adding some trace statements in the script.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand