Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help with selection of specific range of data

Are there any qlikview objects that would allow me to select data where a numerical field is less than a certain value and also where the same field is greater than a different value. For example if my data set is {1,2,3,4,5,6,7} I want to be able to select a set where that field value is less than 3 and greater than 5. I'm trying to avoid making this a tedious task for the end user - so they don't need to select all of the values individually from a list box.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's right. So simply invert the selection then: Select Excluded. Alternatively use a search string: <3>5. It cannot be that hard to learn your users to click the magnifying glass icon and type in a simple string like <3>5.

comm137326.png

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use a slider object. Add a new Slider/Calendar object to your document. Select as Input Style the option Slider. Select your field and also set the Mode to Multi Value.

Not applicable
Author

I think this allows me to select only one range, not two separate ranges.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's right. So simply invert the selection then: Select Excluded. Alternatively use a search string: <3>5. It cannot be that hard to learn your users to click the magnifying glass icon and type in a simple string like <3>5.

comm137326.png

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

you can use a trigger for auto selction when entering a sheet ... See attachement and push the blue button.