Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I convert a Qlik Sense file to a .qvw or .qvr file?

I created a file using qlik sense.  A colleague of mine would like to view this file.  They have QlikView, but not Qlik Sense.  Is there any way to convert my Qlik Sense file to a format that QlikView can view?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

There is not but you can copy/paste the load script into qlikview and have your colleague load the data there. 2 things you will need to tweak / be aware of:

1. you will probably need to change the FROM <> aspects of your load since Sense uses a different syntax 

2. your colleague will need access to the files / data connections you used.

There will be a kink or 2 but the effort should be pretty straightforward. post any errors you encounter attempting this.

The UI is not transferrable however and that is the same going from QlikView to qlik sense or vice versa.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

There is not but you can copy/paste the load script into qlikview and have your colleague load the data there. 2 things you will need to tweak / be aware of:

1. you will probably need to change the FROM <> aspects of your load since Sense uses a different syntax 

2. your colleague will need access to the files / data connections you used.

There will be a kink or 2 but the effort should be pretty straightforward. post any errors you encounter attempting this.

The UI is not transferrable however and that is the same going from QlikView to qlik sense or vice versa.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Keep in mind that Qlik Sense Desktop is free of charge, and can be downloaded by anyone. Your colleague can download, install and view your app in a very easy way. This will be easier than trying to migrate the Qlik Sense app to QlikView.

You can find your Qlik Sense Application (QVF) file under your user's document folder. From here you can copy the QVF file and distrubute to whom ever you want to share the file with.

Typical path to the Qlik Sense applications are; C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

ps: if your question is answered please close the thread with any correct / helpful responses.