Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmstephenson
Creator
Creator

how to restrict drilling into pie chart

Hi all,

(1) I have a pie chart that I do not wish for users to drill down into the slices of the pie. Is there a way to restrict charts so that the user cannot drill into them?

(2) Additionally, for a different pie chart that I wish to allow drill down and filtering to the slices, I am noticing that the size of the pie chart changes when I click on a slice and drill into it (looks like the legend gets smaller so the chart displays larger). Is there a way to restrict this so that the pie chart remains the same size?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

(1) Yes, make it read only (on the chart properties | General tab).

(2) If you hold down Shft and Ctrl and click and hold on the chart, red resizing borders will appear. If you resize the pie and/or legend, it should now be static.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

(1) Yes, make it read only (on the chart properties | General tab).

(2) If you hold down Shft and Ctrl and click and hold on the chart, red resizing borders will appear. If you resize the pie and/or legend, it should now be static.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

For point 1 you can place in different state too.

Regards

ASHFAQ