Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

reload error: document cannot be opened

HI,

This morning during reload, several document failed to reload properly. One of the common reason that all document had in log was

1. 14.10.2014 3:05:55          Error      Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.
  2. 14.10.2014 3:05:55          Error      The document failed to open.
  3. 14.10.2014 3:05:56          Error      Document could not be opened
  4. 14.10.2014 3:05:56          Error      The task "abc_6101_DEV_FullLoad" failed. Exception:
  5. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.FailedDocumentCheckoutException: Failed to open document: \\test11.int\QV11Files\SourceDocuments\AbtL\6101_DEV\abc_6101_DEV.qvw

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.OpenDocument(TaskResult taskResult, String fileName)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Few  had the message that reload failed because the document cannot be opened. When I ran the reload again for each client, the reload went successfully. My question is that what could have gone wrong because when I reloaded them again, they all were reloaded successfully. I had not fixed anything.

How can I avoid this error in future

Shah

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It's Qlikview 11.2 sr6. The max simultaneous Qlikview engines for distribution is set to 9

Shah

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If this is running 90% of the time, it might be an engine issue. In the task log there should show the number of engines used when the task is started. If it is 7 or 8 then this could be the issue.

Remember that Qlik isn't the only software that uses Comm Objects on a system.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Many thanks for the info that you have been providing. It indeed seems that are running at max number of reloads at simultaneously. My questions is whether I can increase the number to something more than 9? Do I have to calculate the load that server can take in terms of memory and CPU before increasing this number ?

In my opinon, its not going to be a simple answer because every reload job has its own cost related to memory and CPU so even a single reload could make the system reach 100%  but my question was more related to the limit we can put in Max number of simultaneous QlikView engines for distribution or if it does not have any limit

Shah

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You can try increase the Desktop Heap value in the registry. Below is some information on it and please backup the registry before you make changes. As you read the below the value you are looking at changing is 1024,20480,768

You may have to play with this to get it set correctly

Memory Heap Registry change:

Change the registry setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Windows

Change the GDI and User handle max count in the registry to SharedSection=1024,20480,2048

%SystemRoot%\system32\csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=\Windows
SharedSection=1024,20480,2048 Windows=On SubSystemType=Windows
ServerDll=basesrv,1 ServerDll=winsrv:UserServerDllInitialization,3
ServerDll=winsrv:ConServerDllInitialization,2 ProfileControl=Off
MaxRequestThreads=16

Default is 1024,3072,512 in x86 or 1024,20480,768 in x64

Read more on http://blogs.msdn.com/ntdebugging/archive/2007/07/05/desktop-heap-part-2.aspx

Read more about Desktop Heap on:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ntdebugging/archive/2007/01/04/desktop-heap-overview.aspx

Desktop Memory Heap Registry change:

Change the registry setting:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Windows

Change the GDI and User handle max count in the registry to SharedSection=1024,20480,2048

%SystemRoot%\system32\csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=\Windows
SharedSection=1024,20480,2048 Windows=On SubSystemType=Windows
ServerDll=basesrv,1 ServerDll=winsrv:UserServerDllInitialization,3
ServerDll=winsrv:ConServerDllInitialization,2 ProfileControl=Off
MaxRequestThreads=16

Default is 1024,3072,512 in x86 or 1024,20480,768 in x64

Read more on http://blogs.msdn.com/ntdebugging/archive/2007/07/05/desktop-heap-part-2.aspx

Read more about Desktop Heap on:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ntdebugging/archive/2007/01/04/desktop-heap-overview.aspx

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.