Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter by YearMonth in a date field (YearMonthDay) in BW

Hi, we connect to SAP BW with SAP SQL Connector

We have the field “/BIC/Z99CDAOR” in a ODS in SAP BW. It contains dates (example 01.05.2014). We have to do an incremental load and I have to filter by YYYYMM.

We want to transform the field “/BIC/Z99CDAOR” to the YYYYMM format in order to do the filter. How can we do it?

F_ORDER_DATA:

SELECT *

FROM /BIC/AZ99OS00700

where /BIC/Z99CDAOR = '201405'; //of course it does not match!!

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1. Add the following variables to your script:

let vCurrMonth = date(today(),'YYYYMM')&'01' ; //Current Month YYYYMM01

let vNextMonth = date(addmonths(today(),1),'YYYYMM')&'01' ; /Next Month YYYYMM01

F_ORDER_DATA:

SELECT *

FROM /BIC/AZ99OS00700

where /BIC/Z99CDAOR GE '$(vCurrMonth)'

and /BIC/Z99CDAOR LT '$(vNextMonth)' ;

It will work.

2+3.  I am not familiarized with any documentation about allowed syntax in the QV SQL Connector. Generally, it is quite similar the ABAP SQL syntax. You can google: 'ABAP SQL Syntax' in order to learn more details.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Yoca

I am not sure that you can use string/text/date functions in the Where clause in SAP SQL statement.

However, I can suggest to use date ranges. For example of you wanna extract 201405, just extract every date between 20140501 and 20140601:

Try this code, it should work (works for me...):

F_ORDER_DATA:

SELECT *

FROM /BIC/AZ99OS00700

where /BIC/Z99CDAOR GE '20140501'

and /BIC/Z99CDAOR LT '20140601'

BTW:

GE means in SAP ABAP 'Greater or Equal' :      >=

LT means 'Less Than' :    <

It shouldn't be difficult to maintain variables for these filters

Yaniv

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yaniv, thank for your answer!!

3 more questions 🙂

1) We have the code to extract by YYYYMM and we cannot use it to extract by dates YYYYMMDD. Do you know another workaround to do the SQL comparing with a YYYYMM parameter?

2) Do you know what is the sintaxis for BETWEEN. We are using the SAP SQL Connector and when we use the BT sintax (where /BIC/Z99CFEPE BT ‘20131201’ ‘20131212’) we receive the error “BT: invalid relational operator":

3) Do you have a manual with the full SQL sintaxis for SAP SQL Connector? We downloaded the manual from the Qlik site: “QlikView Connector for Use with  SAP NetWeaver” but in that manual I am afraid that only explains the SQL sintaxis for SAP DSO Connector.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1. Add the following variables to your script:

let vCurrMonth = date(today(),'YYYYMM')&'01' ; //Current Month YYYYMM01

let vNextMonth = date(addmonths(today(),1),'YYYYMM')&'01' ; /Next Month YYYYMM01

F_ORDER_DATA:

SELECT *

FROM /BIC/AZ99OS00700

where /BIC/Z99CDAOR GE '$(vCurrMonth)'

and /BIC/Z99CDAOR LT '$(vNextMonth)' ;

It will work.

2+3.  I am not familiarized with any documentation about allowed syntax in the QV SQL Connector. Generally, it is quite similar the ABAP SQL syntax. You can google: 'ABAP SQL Syntax' in order to learn more details.