Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diwakarnahata
Creator
Creator

How to get a column based on another derived column

Hi,

Please refer the below image where i have created a sequence number (Sno) for WeekID.

I have a straight table (below) where i have dynamically created a dimension which buckets the selected weeks into group of 4 using the sequence number of the Week. Now i have the sequence number in the column (based on the WeekIDs selected). How do i show the WeekID or WeekDesc corresponding to it.

For e.g. in the below straight table example, I want to show the WeekID (or WeekDesc) corresponding to the Sno 8,12,16 displayed.

QlikView_Expression.jpg

Thanks,

Diwakar

3 Replies
tcullinane
Creator II
Creator II

If you give the expressions in the table a name you can use that in another expression:

eg. if(WeekSno=Sno,WeekID)

diwakarnahata
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your response, but there is a small issue with that approach.

In the dynamic dimension expression (as shown in the image previously) I have used a class function which created buckets of four Sequence numbers(Sno), and extracted the highest Sno (using Subfield function) and wanted to replace it with WeekID or WeekName.

But the if() condition replaces the bucket with the Week dimension as a result the Expression is calculated on the Week Level instead of a 4 week rolling sum.

Let me know how this could be fixed?

Thanks,

Diwakar

diwakarnahata
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Any idea how the above could be achieved?

The previously mentioned solution won't work as the if() function changes the level of the Dimension.

Also, I don't want to superimpose two charts, since I have to put this in a container.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks,

Diwakar