Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hiding pivot table column when drilled down beyond two levels

I am pretty new to qlikview . I have some confidential information in pivot table like salary which needs to be hidden when drilled down beyond certain level. As you see below when drilled beyond country level, the salary column should be hidden.Is this type of hiding possible. Or if count(# last column) < 5 at row level , then salary column should be hidden. Kindly give suggestion. I already tried conditional expression where sum(HC)<5 but it takes the total count and not count at group level.

Data1.jpg

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Manoj,

You could ideally remove the dimensions after Country if you don't want to show it anybody.

Not sure why you want to have it in the table and hide it.

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can understand the level of drill by the function Dimensionality(), try to use it in the conditional showing of the column

Not applicable
Author

This doc is used by all employees, people at top level management needs to see them, but someone drills down using filters to individual level it needs to be hidden.

Not applicable
Author

Hi you can use section access in that case.

Section access is to provide data level security to different users based on their role or demographics.

check this link.

QlikView Section Access Examples

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Or, if it is about hiding dimension only from this chart, you can try 'Enable Conditional' in the dimension tab. Use condition something like:

=if(OsUser()<>'DomainName\User1') 

Here user User1 would not see this particular dimension in the chart.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tressco, but there are several hundreds of users, so i think it might not be that feasible.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Alessandro, the Dimensionality() shows the level of drill, but when i use it inside the conditional dimension, it does not work as intended. Any examples how to use it.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If your users(to be restricted) are more, you could put expression otherwise('=' rather than '<>'),

like:

=If (OsUser()='DomainName\User1' Or OsUser()='DomainName\User2')

All the rest apart from user1 and user2 would be restricted.

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think that your column should be an expression, if you can use as expression just write:

If(Dimensionality()=5,0,myValue)

Let me know