Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show drill-down value in text box?

I created a drill down hierarchy used in a list box.  So when I select someone in the first “level”, the list box then shows the corresponding values in the 2nd “level”.  Then when I select a value in that 2nd value list, it shows the corresponding values in the 3rd “level”.   The 3rd level is the final level.  I’m trying to create a text box that will show the selection at the lowest “level”. 

For example, if I select value 1 at level 1, then select value 3 at level 2, then select value 5 at level 3, I want the text box to show value 5 at level 3.   Basically, I want to show in the text box whatever value at whatever level is selected in the drill-down list box.  Can this be done?

Thanks,  Dan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

reorder the fields, start from Level3

=if(not isnull(GetFieldSelections(Level3)),Level3,if(not isnull(GetFieldSelections(Level2)),Level2,if(not isnull(GetFieldSelections(Level1)),Level1)))

Sorry about this mistake!

Hope it helps!

Regadss

View solution in original post

8 Replies
wms_manis
Partner - Contributor III

Try

=GetCurrentField(drillgroupname)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reponse, Wade.  This works, EXCEPT it's bringing back the field name,not the value of that field.

Not applicable
Author

You must try into the text box something like

=if(not isnull(GetFieldSelections(Level1)),Level1,if(not isnull(GetFieldSelections(Level2)),Level2,if(not isnull(GetFieldSelections(Level3)),Level3)))

Hope it helps!

Regards!

Remember to mark as answered if this is what you looking for!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Jonathan.  I had to add some parentheses, and got the formula to be "OK", but it only returns the first level's value...when I select the lower levels, the value in the text box remains the value of the first level.

wms_manis

no problem, use this to get the value of the field.  Only one field can be selected however.

=$(=only(GetCurrentField(drillgroup)))

Not applicable
Author

reorder the fields, start from Level3

=if(not isnull(GetFieldSelections(Level3)),Level3,if(not isnull(GetFieldSelections(Level2)),Level2,if(not isnull(GetFieldSelections(Level1)),Level1)))

Sorry about this mistake!

Hope it helps!

Regadss

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Wade.  This didn't work for me, either.  Fortunately, Jonathan's solution worked, so it appears I'm good for now.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Jonathan...it seems to work great.