cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthewp
Creator III
Creator III

QlikView Stack Exchange Site

As there isn't one i have created a Stack Exchange QlikView site.

Just in definition stage currently, needing more members to get it off the ground and into beta.

This could be great resource for all.

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/79005/qlikview

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, good luck then. Personally I find stackexchange very hard to read and confusing to navigate.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Uhm... what's wrong with community.qlik.com that requires another site on stackexchange?

matthewp
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nothing wrong with it, just increases visibility and gives QV a presence on a large scale and high trafficked site.

I would imagine a lot of people who use QV have a Stack Overflow account so this allows them to use the Stack Exchange site with their credentials to ask or answer QV questions.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A solution looking for a problem?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

As a user I'd rather have one authoritative source I can go to for answers than have to trawl multiple sources. Everybody is free to start his/her own qlikview discussions site of course, but I don't think this is a good idea. I don't think Qlikview needs that kind of visibility and I don't see why a Stack Exchange user wouldn't rather be also a member of this community and get access to all the Qlik expertise already here.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Indeed.

matthewp
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I disagree, i feel the stack sites much more user friendly and functionally better than the Qlik community.

Not that it isn't a great resource, i suppose it is just personal preference. I will personally use both this and stack overflow (if the QV one doesnt take off) for resources.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, good luck then. Personally I find stackexchange very hard to read and confusing to navigate.

matthewp
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks

Its not for everyone but i just want it to be available for the people that would want it. If you want to support it and give it a follow your more than welcome to join and bring some of your expertise along it would be greatly aappreciated.