Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Simple question about creating a chart with a timeline

Hi,

I´m performing my first steps with Qlikview, so this question is obiously very...basic...but still unresolved after several hours.

I have a very simple example Excel diagram. Lines represent printers, rows show months - so the table simply shows the number of printouts each printer did every month.

How do I now create a bar or other chart that draws the printouts per month? Do I have to make changes with the excel file, or what am I missing here? I get all kinds of results, but not the simple desired one.

It´s funny that I get along quite well with more complex data sources and the other features, but whenever it comes to dealing with time on a chart it goes wrong.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You would need to load the data as Crosstables and then you can get the desired output

A sample of the code is as under:

A, B, C & D are the names of printers and Numbers are the number of copies printed by them

CROSSTABLE(Printers, Numbers)
LOAD Month,
A,
B,
C,
D

FROM Book1.xls (biff, embedded labels, table is [Sheet1$]);

cheers

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tanzbaer,

Pls find the attached application for your reference. I hope that i have understood your requirement.

Regards

Rajesh

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have added a QV file which i suppose would solve your problem.

cheers

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the replies, unfortunately I can´t open the files. I forgot to mention that I only have the personal edition for product evaluation installed, therefore I can only open qvw files created by myself.

Not applicable
Author

You would need to load the data as Crosstables and then you can get the desired output

A sample of the code is as under:

A, B, C & D are the names of printers and Numbers are the number of copies printed by them

CROSSTABLE(Printers, Numbers)
LOAD Month,
A,
B,
C,
D

FROM Book1.xls (biff, embedded labels, table is [Sheet1$]);

cheers

Not applicable
Author

Oh yes...now it works!!

Thank you and Cheers!!