Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

named cals not being assigned to new user

Hi,

our qlikview server named cals had reached its limit so I deleted around 50 cals manually. However, some of our users are still getting an error that the user does not have any assigned cals. I have also set an option to dynamically assign cals to the user

Can someone please help me fix this issue?

Arif

29 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

have you press the apply-button?

are the deleted users in quarantine?

Are there cals possible?

Regards

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Syed after deleting there is a quarantine time of 24 hours from last use.

did you consider that?

How do you distribute Document? do you have publisher?

Regards

ASHFAQ

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Syed,

It will take 24 hours to clear the deleted CALS.

From Qlikview Reference Manual

A Named User CAL is assigned to a unique and identified user (see Identification (page 82) for information on how users are identified) who may access as many QlikView documents as may reside on the server or server cluster to which the Named User CAL is assigned. A Named User CAL may be transferred to another user pursuant to the software licensing agreement, in which case there is a 24-hour quarantine before the Named User CAL can be transferred to another user. There is no time limit for how long a user assigned a Named User CAL can access a QlikView document.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I have pressed the applied button. Now it shows

Named User CALs: 2953 assigned (3000 in license)

There are no users in quarantine.

Syed

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I am using publisher. I have deleted around an year old cals so should there still be the 24 hours buffer time? Is there no way I can enforce the deletion? For example restarting the server etc (which I tried already by the way)

Not applicable
Author

Is there no way to force the immediate availability of cals? I have deleted an year old cals so it does not make sense to wait 24 hours

Arif

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

the 24 hours are only after the last used.

Here

Named User CALs: 2953 assigned (3000 in license)

you can see that ethere are 47 Cals to be licensed, so there is a other problem with lease

Are there any error messages?

Can the user open a document in browser?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Not sure Syed.

From Qlikview Reference Manual

Any CAL used by an identified user may not be transferred to another user, unless the transfer is due to a change in the employment status or work duties of the prior user, in which case there is a 24-hour quarantine before the CAL be transferred to another user.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

when the users open the document in browser, they get an error message that the user has no cal assigned. We have checked the option of dynamic cal assignment so there should not be any problem to get the cal if the user has already authenticated.

The problem only happened when we reached the 3000 limit of named cals and users started getting errors. Then I freed the cals up manually and now you can see that we have 47 free cals but the users are still getting errors

Arif