Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

named cals not being assigned to new user

Hi,

our qlikview server named cals had reached its limit so I deleted around 50 cals manually. However, some of our users are still getting an error that the user does not have any assigned cals. I have also set an option to dynamically assign cals to the user

Can someone please help me fix this issue?

Arif

29 Replies
Not applicable
Author

We are using named cals for our customers. We had some old cals leases so I freed them up to be assigned to new customers. Infact the cals seem to have freed up successfully as we can see them in

Named User CALs: 2953 assigned (3000 in license)

The only problem is that now the new users are not able to get the cals even though we have checked the option of dynamic cal assignment

Arif

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

is the user authenticated on accesspoint (welcome xy on the top of right side)?

Are you using a test server?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this link

http://community.qlik.com/message/522886#522886

Regards,

Jagan.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

If one year old, then it will be available immediately.

Make sure you add new or required users in distribution tab.

and make sure allow dynamic cal is selected.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

The group to which the user belongs has already been added and I have also checked the option Allow dynamic CAL assignment. When the user is authenticated, the reports starts loading and then gives an error that

Access denied! The server (QVS) has no USER CAL for your account. Please contact your system administrator!

After I deleted the cals, the server is showing those cals as available but still the users are not able to get the cals. The problem only started when we reached the max limit. I deleted the cals and some users were able to get in but others are still getting the cals error message

Arif

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can't allocate licenses to groups, only to users.

Groups are only possible by authorization

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Not applicable
Author

I authorized the the user group (to which the required users are part of ) in distribution  of document and checked Allow dynamic CAL assignment in Client Access Licenses (CALs) tab of licenses. We still have 47 named cals available so should this not be enough for the user to acquire the cal if he is part of the group that has been authorized? I hope that I am not missing something here or if I am, please guide me.

Arif

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Here is the issue.

Cals cannot be allocated to group.

I suggest you to add user Instead of Group.

Let me know if that worked.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I am not allocating cals to a group. I have authorized a group in the ditribution and allowed dynamic cals assignment so basically I have allowed an individual user of that group to get a cal dynamically if there is any available cal

This has been working fantastically well. In the cal history, I can see the individual users of many group that have been assigned cals. I can manually delete those cals too

The only problem started this morning when we reached the limit of our named cals and then new users haven't been able to get cals. I manually deleted user from assigned cals tabs to free up the cals and now the general tab of licenses is also showing 47 available cals. The problem is that new users of that group are not able to get those available cals

Arif