Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

named cals not being assigned to new user

Hi,

our qlikview server named cals had reached its limit so I deleted around 50 cals manually. However, some of our users are still getting an error that the user does not have any assigned cals. I have also set an option to dynamically assign cals to the user

Can someone please help me fix this issue?

Arif

29 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

strange. this should work.

Have you set here any limitations?

Not applicable
Author

No, this option is also unchecked.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

what is the authetication option: always?

and the security settings?

Has any options been changed?

Not applicable
Author

OK so we have some update on the issue. New users which I just created are able to lease the cals. However, all those users who could not get cal this morning because we had reached the limit, are not able to lease cals anymore. Even though we have now available cals, they still get a message that there is no cal for that user

Howerver, the new users that were not rejected in morning because of the limit are able to get cals

Is there some way I could refresh the system or clear something that would enable those users to also get cals?

Arif

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Not sure,

But try by restarting Qlikview services.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

and I have already tried restarting the service.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

you have to delete more users but you can't remove the license if the user have used it within the last 24 hours.

No way to change this.

If there are no users you can delete the license from you have to wait until tomorrow

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Try adding the user manually and see what happens.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I had a similar issue. Also it turns out that CALS can be assigned to Documents that no longer exist in the location they were in when the CAL was assigned: they may have been deleted or moved.

Check the CalData.pgo.xml file on the server, that will tell you how many CALs in use and who they are assigned to.

Regards,

M.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

To expand on Martyn reply.

To get the XML files you need to add

PgoAsXmlAlso=1

In the server Settings.ini file that is located at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

It needs to be under the heading [Settings 7] and you will have to restart the QlikView Server Service.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.