Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User in the server event log message

Hi,

it would be nice to get the user of a server event log message (table: Events field: Message).

The expression would be

mid(Message, index(Message,'"')+1,index(Message,'"',2)-index(Message,'"')-1)

Thanks a lot!

Peggy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

I thought you might ask this

I will add it to the enhancement list, though at the present time there is no set release date for this and other requested enhancements (GOV-455).

Tyler

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hi Peggy,

Are you asking for that [User] to be added to the Event.log files or to the Governance Dashboard?

How would you use the [User] "field"? (What questions are you trying to answer?)

Tyler

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tyler,

I would like to know which user caused an event, e.g. which user got the message "out of session cals".This is a table out of the Governance Dashboard:

User_OutOfSessionCals.png

If I would have the user, I could select it to see all Messages caused by this user. I can get to know how often this would happen and if I may change the license type for this user.

Peggy

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

I see. So this is specific to which users were denied access due to insufficient CALs.

It looks like the way you've set it is working.

If you wanted more ability to use that "Event Log User", you could create a list box with your expression:

=mid(Message, index(Message,'"')+1,index(Message,'"',2)-index(Message,'"')-1)

Or you could add one that shows user denied:

=IF(index(Message,'No CAL assigned to user')>1,

mid(Message, index(Message,'"')+1,index(Message,'"',2)-index(Message,'"')-1)

,null())

Tyler

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tyler,

sorry, I have to clarify...

My question is, if this could be created within the script? So that everybody may use it in future.

Greetings

Peggy

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

I thought you might ask this

I will add it to the enhancement list, though at the present time there is no set release date for this and other requested enhancements (GOV-455).

Tyler

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tyler,

yeah, sorry for the confusion

Thanks a lot

Do you know that the E-Mail for the Feedback doesn't work? qvgdfeedback@qliktech.com

Peggy