cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Shortcut to start a specific app

Is it possible to create a shortcut on desktop to start Qlik Sense and automatically start a specific Qlik Sense application?

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

When Qlik Sense Desktop has started, you arrive at the hub, where you have access to all your content (apps). This will be the way it works even if creating a shortcut to a specific app in Apps folder.

br,
Hanna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark

Best way I can think of would be to open the Hub through a browser.  Remember that if using Qlik Sense Desktop that it must be running in the background to access the hub.  The Hub can be accessed from the following link:

localhost:4848/hub/my/work

Once there open the required app or even sheet and then copy the URL for the required app/sheet.  You should then be able to use that link in a shortcut.

There is possibly a more elegant way of doing it but I couldn't find any reference to it from my brief flick through my Sense notes.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Mark,

No - there isn't  however - more curious - why do you want to achieve this?

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I created an app in Qlik Sense for a CRM product that I work with called Goldmine.  I want the users to be able to open the app from within GoldMine.  There is the capability to create a taskbar with shortcuts to external applications.

So far I have been able to add the shortcut to open Qlik Sense.  But I want the actual app to open if possible.  Just to make it easier for the users.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Mark,

For what you are aiming to do, you may want to investigate the full Qlik Sense Platform. This is a full online web based platform (with the same experience as Qlik Sense Desktop) including APIs, security, organization, governance and management capabilities.

New to Qlik Sense Platform Videos

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Agree with Michael below. For your user to see the app in Qlik Sense desktop they would have to first save it to the 'apps' folder on their hard drive where their user profile is stored. There is no way to workaround this.  Once its saved a shortcut to launch qlik sense desktop will show the hub with the saved app in it. Each user's machine is thus a mini repostitory of apps.

To centralize the repository you would need the server edition or Qlik Cloud (when available).