Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

The qlikview QMC don't work in browser

Hi

I have a new installation of qlikview and I'm trying to open the QMC in the browser but does not work.

Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks!

10 Replies
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi

In order to be able to open the QMC, you need to install the server edition.

Could you please verify that you installed QlikView Server and not QlikView desktop? QlikView Desktop does not have the QMC environment, as this is the server environment.

Thanks

Agis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Just to clarify, you don't need to have QlikView Server installed on your computer but you do need to have access to an installed QlikView Server or the server where the QlikView Management Service is running. To be able to access the QMC you need to be a member of the QlikView Administrators Group on that Server. The link to the QMC is http://ServerName:4780/QMC/default.htm

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just another question. Do you get any type of error message?

Not applicable
Author

Well,

I have tried to view the access point on the browser and the QMC but those didn't works.

I will try to add my user in the QlikView server Group Administrators.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, you should be able to reach the accesspoint. I am guessing that you might have some sort of other problem. When you enter the URL do you get some sort of error message?

Not applicable
Author

You should also ensure that the user login to QMC is part of Local Administrator Group in Server Machine apart from QV Administrator group. This is a common solution when the error is like "Membership of local security group missing".

Thanks,

Madhu

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Just curious; What browser are you trying to use to access the Access Point and the QMC?

I know, long shot, but you need IE7 or higher or FireFox 3 or higher or something similar to use the QMC. You probably have a much more recent browser, but I thought I mention it just to be on the save side.

May you live in interesting times!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Make sure that the server that hosts QMC allows traffic through port 4780 or you're not going to get there from your system.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you access it from the server on which it is hosted?